The CENTRAL Development Programme
We are incredibly excited to launch our Development Programme and are keen to recruit teachers into the programme who are aligned with our mission to support social justice through exceptional schools, our values and Our Distinctive Culture. You must have a passion for working in areas of high deprivation and be keen to improve the life chances of all the pupils/students in our Trust.
The Development Programme is wide ranging and there is currently one possible entry point:
Entry Point 1: The Primary to Secondary Transition Programme
- As part of our development of a strong school improvement team, we are seeking to increase the capacity of the Trust’s secondary English and maths teams. We are seeking expressions of interest from Key Stage 2 teachers interested in being seconded to the Trust’s secondary English or maths teams for a minimum of a one-year secondment. At the end of the secondment, you are very likely to have the opportunity to extend the placement but will retain the right to return to your substantive post.
- Candidates would need to: be a strong classroom practitioner in their current school, with strong pedagogy and relationships with pupils/students; and have A*-B/9-5 in GCSE English or maths (as appropriate).
- We will provide the following through Central Professional Learning, Research and Development
- 2023 summer term: a day per week of subject specialist training;
- Throughout the 2023/24 academic year: a half day release per week for ongoing subject specialist training and planning time to ensure candidates are successful in the post; and
- Throughout the 2023/24 academic year: support from the Trust’s English or maths leads and Specialist Leaders of English or maths, as well as school-based support.
- Access to annual accelerated pay progressions.
Please visit our vacancies page to view the current opportunities to join The Primary to Secondary Transition Programme.
We would be delighted to meet with Interested candidates to discuss how they can access our Development Programme. Candidates can contact us on 0121 270 3117 or via our contact form here to arrange a meeting with our Development Programme Director.